While we are more than fortunate to live in a region bursting with opportunity and resources, San Francisco and the entire Bay Area face significant challenges that will shape our lives for generations to come. My work on the San Francisco Board of Supervisors focuses on improving our city and region’s sustainability and quality of life for all residents, and I will continue this important work in the State Senate:
- Improving our public transportation systems in San Francisco, San Mateo County, and regionally;
- Investing in affordable housing and creating more housing of all types for our growing population;
- Protecting our environment by investing in and protecting our parks and open spaces, keeping our neighborhoods clean and green, addressing our water crisis, and confronting climate change head on;
- Supporting our public schools so that all children in all neighborhoods can succeed;
- Ensuring full access to quality health care, HIV care and prevention services, good nutrition, and mental health care services;
- Meeting the needs of all residents, including our growing senior population and our youth; and
- Supporting policies to address income inequality.
I don’t shy away from making the tough decisions needed to make our city and our region more sustainable and to address the challenges our residents face. I will take this work to the next level - addressing the challenges confronting our state and our region—as a State Senator.